Sunday, August 8, 2010

Halloween Is Arriving At My House!

It may be hot and humid, but I'm thinking crisp breezes, falling leaves, and "orange & black"!

Helping me along are some recent Halloween treats that have come to my home to live.

My dear Hubs bought me another Witchy doll for my growing coven. She is such a happy one. You can't help but smile when you look at her!

And look at those eyelashes!!!  (Click on the images for a closer look!)

My next treat is one that I gave myself because. .well, I think that I deserve it! (it caught my eye and called to me. .he could not be ignored)  I bought Dennis Haynes' Voodoo Priest.  Photos truly do not do it justice though. The whole piece is so well made, and larger than what you think it is.

Thank you for making him, Dennis! He has found a good home!!

And, last but not least. .a little flashier than my other chapeaux, but I thought rather fetching. .I'm showing you the back. .another hat to add to my growing collection!  One can never have too many hats, can one?  They truly make the outfit!!

My new finds make me want to start bringing out more Halloween, but I can't. .at least not until we get back from another trip back to the Mayo Clinic. We feel like we have spent more time there in the past few months, than here at home. .and right now, we already have to go back twice in September.

I'm hoping that we will have the whole month of October to enjoy! Keep your fingers cross for us!

And in the meantime, I'm wishing you a delightful week!!

5 comments:

  1. Your smiling witch is wickedly awesome! Love her! So keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you get to spend more time at home. I am looking forward to fall this year, a first for me I do believe. Just to hot and humid... Wishing you a beautiful week!

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Witchy-poo is such a sweety! :0) Who couldn't love that smile of hers! You're quite lucky to have a Hubby that thinks of you like that.
    And your new chapeaux is beautiful. Love the colors (andthe polka dots!) :0)
    And the VooDoo Priest is ghoulishly great! (hhhmmm....how did I miss that one??)
    Here's to cooler days......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I'm with you Suzie...I want to start my Halloween decore RIGHT NOW! I will try my best to wait until Sept. 1, but it will be difficult. I all your goodies, especially the VooDoo Priest. And I here "I Got Friends On The Other Side" playing in the background. Makes me want to go watch the movie again...ha! Thanks for sharing your treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the witch! Great new items that you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you get to spend more time at home too! And the hat is just irresistible!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by! I love the company, and hope that you will come back again!