Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Spirit Dropped In, & Some Spirits Were Enjoyed!

This gal doesn't have a drop of Italian or Scilian blood in her, but La Befana paid her a visit on the 6th of January!  These were left for me, delicately wrapped in deep green tissue paper and tied with an orange ribbon. I love them all!


This little cat is only inches high! She is adorable!!


And these are made out of stiffened paper, layered, then embellished with beads for hanging, bits of silvery garland and ribbons.


I believe that they are Bethany Lowe creations.

Thank you La Befana! You made my holiday complete!!


To be honest, these next spirits were also delightful, but we enjoyed them a few months ago! How time flies!! I'm just now getting around to sharing the photos with you! (Mrs. B's Halloween tour is family friendly, and I didn't know how she would feel about me flaunting our local alcoholic Halloween treats! lol)

Micro breweries, and especially boutique wineries have been popping up all over Michigan, and there are now enough to have actual winery trails throughout the state.  One of the oldest and longest runs along the shoreline of L. Michigan, from close to the Indiana border, on up through Traverse City. Most of them are just outside the village limits of the communities that dot the shoreline, just miles from each other. A perfect Springtime getaway, or a beautiful leisure Autumn tour. 

The long trip is broken down into mini tours for those who don't have the time to imbibe the whole route. Most of the wineries have their own tasting rooms, and many have restaurants with signature gourmet dishes. Yum!  And most of them have several festivals throughout the year, either on their own, or in conjunction with activities in the community, like the artist's galleries tour, or harvests festivals.


This pumpkin ale comes from a micro brewery, New Holland Brew, that is located in one of the larger towns, a little north of where I live.  I love the label!  (the ale isn't bad either! lol)  If you click on the link, they have an interesting recipe on their home page right now, that I think I might try!

And this wine is from a winery that is even further north, but in one of my favorite parts of the state.  I used to live a lot closer, but had to move back to my home area to take care of family members. I do love it up north though!

Leelanau Wine Cellars is one of the oldest wineries in the state.

Last year, I made some jelly out of a bottle of this wine, which is a Spiced Red. and serve it poured over cream cheese with crackers. Sooo good!

Last week, I saw where one of our local shops still had a few bottles of this wine left, and I'm thinking of going back to buy some more.  It is a nice way to savor Halloween on a cold winter's night!

Sláinte!

4 comments:

  1. Cool! More Halloween themed wine! Love it!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. La Befana was so good to you! {{Big Grins}} What wonderful presents!

    And the Brews are so awesome! I would love to do something with Halloween labels from wines/beers/ales. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Lovely gifts you received! Lucky lady you are.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those Halloween goodies. I am thinking of decorating a corner of my house for Halloween all year round.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for stopping by! I love the company, and hope that you will come back again!